30.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Art (7)

Immature artists imitate. Mature artists steal.
Lionel Trilling

My love of fine art increased - the more of it I saw, the more of it I wanted to see.
Paul Getty

Art begins with resistance - at the point where resistance is overcome. No human masterpiece has ever been created without great labor.
Andre Gide

By the work one knows the workman.
Jean de La Fontaine

I cry out for order and find it only in art.
Helen Hayes

Art, in itself, is an attempt to bring order out of chaos.
Stephen Sondheim

I think about my work every minute of the day.
Jeff Koons

I have no fear of making changes, destroying the image, etc., because the painting has a life of its own.
Jackson Pollock

Beauty in art is often nothing but ugliness subdued.
Jean Rostand

When I work, and in my art, I hold hands with God.
Robert Mapplethorpe

Artists don't make objects. Artists make mythologies.
Anish Kapoor

Art is man's expression of his joy in labor.
Henry A. Kissinger

Every creator painfully experiences the chasm between his inner vision and its ultimate expression.
Isaac Bashevis Singer

I like to pretend that my art has nothing to do with me.
Roy Lichtenstein

Art doesn't transform. It just plain forms.
Roy Lichtenstein

An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs.
Edgard Varese

No heirloom of humankind captures the past as do art and language.
Theodore Bikel

I've been called many names like perfectionist, difficult and obsessive. I think it takes obsession, takes searching for the details for any artist to be good.
Barbra Streisand

The moment you cheat for the sake of beauty, you know you're an artist.
David Hockney

Art hurts. Art urges voyages - and it is easier to stay at home.
Gwendolyn Brooks

No comments: