30.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Sports (1)

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson

A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.
Wayne Gretzky

I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.
Mike Tyson

As athletes, we're used to reacting quickly. Here, it's 'come, stop, come, stop.' There's a lot of downtime. That's the toughest part of the day.
Michael Jordan

Good, better, best. Never let it rest. Until your good is better and your better is best.
Tim Duncan

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.
Vince Lombardi

You can't put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.
Michael Phelps
 
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.
Satchel Paige

Thus so wretched is man that he would weary even without any cause for weariness... and so frivolous is he that, though full of a thousand reasons for weariness, the least thing, such as playing billiards or hitting a ball, is sufficient enough to amuse him.
Blaise Pascal

Adversity causes some men to break; others to break records.
William Arthur Ward

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi

Golf is a good walk spoiled.
Mark Twain

Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game.
Michael Jordan

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Henry David Thoreau

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
Muhammad Ali

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true.
Yogi Berra

Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps.
Tiger Woods

It's good sportsmanship to not pick up lost golf balls while they are still rolling.
Mark Twain

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence. In other words, it is war minus the shooting.
George Orwell

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
Shaquille O'Neal

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging.
Hank Aaron

I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out.
Rodney Dangerfield

I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.
Mia Hamm

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second.
William James

You win some, lose some, and wreck some.
Dale Earnhardt

Baseball is the only field of endeavor where a man can succeed three times out of ten and be considered a good performer.
Ted Williams

Academe, n.: An ancient school where morality and philosophy were taught. Academy, n.: A modern school where football is taught.
Ambrose Bierce

Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.
Vince Lombardi

Football is an incredible game. Sometimes it's so incredible, it's unbelievable.
Tom Landry

I see great things in baseball. It's our game - the American game.
Walt Whitman

These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it.
Charles Barkley

I always turn to the sports pages first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures.
Earl Warren

All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity.
Gordie Howe

Champions keep playing until they get it right.
Billie Jean King

People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.
Rogers Hornsby

Gold medals aren't really made of gold. They're made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.
Dan Gable

Baseball has the great advantage over cricket of being sooner ended.
George Bernard Shaw

Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Herbert Hoover

A lifetime of training for just ten seconds.
Jesse Owens

No comments: