30.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Music (1)

One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
Bob Marley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
Aldous Huxley

If music be the food of love, play on.
William Shakespeare

I think music in itself is healing. It's an explosive expression of humanity. It's something we are all touched by. No matter what culture we're from, everyone loves music.
Billy Joel

I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water.
Ray Charles

Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

For me, singing sad songs often has a way of healing a situation. It gets the hurt out in the open into the light, out of the darkness.
Reba McEntire

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything.
Plato

Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music.
Jimi Hendrix

Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.
Victor Hugo

Music is my religion.
Jimi Hendrix

Music is everybody's possession. It's only publishers who think that people own it.
John Lennon

Music was my refuge. I could crawl into the space between the notes and curl my back to loneliness.
Maya Angelou

Music is a higher revelation than all wisdom and philosophy.
Ludwig van Beethoven

Music in the soul can be heard by the universe.
Lao Tzu

Music can change the world because it can change people.
Bono

I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.
Elvis Presley

All music is beautiful.
Billy Strayhorn

You are the music while the music lasts.
T. S. Eliot

All good music resembles something. Good music stirs by its mysterious resemblance to the objects and feelings which motivated it.
Jean Cocteau

In music the passions enjoy themselves.
Friedrich Nietzsche

I don't make music for eyes. I make music for ears.
Adele

Music is the movement of sound to reach the soul for the education of its virtue.
Plato

Music, in performance, is a type of sculpture. The air in the performance is sculpted into something.
Frank Zappa

Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Leo Tolstoy

If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
Gustav Mahler

If you look deep enough you will see music; the heart of nature being everywhere music.
Thomas Carlyle

If you want to make beautiful music, you must play the black and the white notes together.
Richard M. Nixon

Hell is full of musical amateurs.
George Bernard Shaw

But when you get music and words together, that can be a very powerful thing.
Bryan Ferry

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. It has the beauty of loneliness of pain: of strength and freedom. The beauty of disappointment and never-satisfied love. The cruel beauty of nature and everlasting beauty of monotony.
Benjamin Britten

There are more love songs than anything else. If songs could make you do something we'd all love one another.
Frank Zappa

Music is moonlight in the gloomy night of life.
Jean Paul

I've said that playing the blues is like having to be black twice. Stevie Ray Vaughan missed on both counts, but I never noticed.
B. B. King

It was my 16th birthday - my mom and dad gave me my Goya classical guitar that day. I sat down, wrote this song, and I just knew that that was the only thing I could ever really do - write songs and sing them to people.
Stevie Nicks

Music is well said to be the speech of angels.
Thomas Carlyle

Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
Berthold Auerbach

Music has charms to sooth a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.
William Congreve

I don't care much about music. What I like is sounds.
Dizzy Gillespie

Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die.
Paul Simon

No comments: