3.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Gardening (2)

The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love.
Luther Burbank

If we had paid no more attention to our plants than we have to our children, we would now be living in a jungle of weed.
Luther Burbank

All gardening is landscape painting.
William Kent

I think this is what hooks one to gardening: it is the closest one can come to being present at creation.
Phyllis Theroux

I grow plants for many reasons: to please my eye or to please my soul, to challenge the elements or to challenge my patience, for novelty or for nostalgia, but mostly for the joy in seeing them grow.
David Hobson

Help us to be ever faithful gardeners of the spirit, who know that without darkness nothing comes to birth, and without light nothing flowers.
May Sarton

Well tended garden is better than a neglected wood lot.
Dixie Lee Ray

A garden must combine the poetic and he mysterious with a feeling of serenity and joy.
Luis Barragan

The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.
Alfred Austin

A person cannot love a plant after he has pruned it, then he has either done a poor job or is devoid of emotion.
Liberty Hyde Bailey

I loved to get all dusty and ride horses and plant potatoes and cotton.
Dorothy Malone

I do some of my best thinking while pulling weeds.
Martha Smith

Weather means more when you have a garden. There's nothing like listening to a shower and thinking how it is soaking in around your green beans.
Marcelene Cox

Working with plants, trees, fences and walls, if they practice sincerely they will attain enlightenment.
Dogen Zenji

If you build up the soil with organic material, the plants will do just fine.
John Harrison

I plant a lot of trees. I am a great believer in planting things for future generations. I loathe the now culture where you just live for today.
Penelope Keith

Garden as though you will live forever.
William Kent

If a tree dies, plant another in its place.
Carolus Linnaeus

I am sure that if you plant the trees back again, it will do nothing but good.
Michael Fish

One lifetime is never enough to accomplish one's horticultural goals. If a garden is a site for the imagination, how can we be very far from the beginning?
Francis Cabot Lowell

No comments: