28.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Mom (1)

My mother was the most beautiful woman I ever saw. All I am I owe to my mother. I attribute all my success in life to the moral, intellectual and physical education I received from her.
George Washington

My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso.
Pablo Picasso

Men are what their mothers made them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own.
Aristotle

Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children.
Billy Graham

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly.
Ambrose Bierce

I ask people why they have deer heads on their walls. They always say because it's such a beautiful animal. There you go. I think my mother is attractive, but I have photographs of her.
Ellen DeGeneres

I am sure that if the mothers of various nations could meet, there would be no more wars.
E. M. Forster

The natural state of motherhood is unselfishness. When you become a mother, you are no longer the center of your own universe. You relinquish that position to your children.
Jessica Lange

I've been through it all, baby, I'm mother courage.
Elizabeth Taylor

Yes, Mother. I can see you are flawed. You have not hidden it. That is your greatest gift to me.
Alice Walker

My mother taught me to treat a lady respectfully.
Chris Brown

Mothers always find ways to fit in the work - but then when you're working, you feel that you should be spending time with your children and then when you're with your children, you're thinking about working.
Alice Hoffman

Motherhood is priced Of God, at price no man may dare To lessen or misunderstand.
Helen Hunt Jackson

The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher

When you have a good mother and no father, God kind of sits in. It's not enough, but it helps.
Dick Gregory

Completeness? Happiness? These words don't come close to describing my emotions. There truly is nothing I can say to capture what motherhood means to me, particularly given my medical history.
Anita Baker

Every man must define his identity against his mother. If he does not, he just falls back into her and is swallowed up.
Camille Paglia

My mother used to tell me man gives the award, God gives the reward. I don't need another plaque.
Denzel Washington

How simple a thing it seems to me that to know ourselves as we are, we must know our mothers names.
Alice Walker

I was a brownie for a day. My mom made me stop. She didn't want me to conform.
Sandra Bullock

Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.
Meryl Streep

It is only in the act of nursing that a woman realizes her motherhood in visible and tangible fashion; it is a joy of every moment.
Honore De Balzac

Being a mother is hard and it wasn't a subject I ever studied.
Ruby Wax

Who in their infinite wisdom decreed that Little League uniforms be white? Certainly not a mother.
Erma Bombeck

Of all the roles I've played, none has been as fulfilling as being a mother.
Annette Funicello

Mommy smoked but she didn't want us to. She saw smoke coming out of the barn one time, so we got whipped.
Loretta Lynn

A woman must combine the role of mother, wife and politician.
Emma Bonino

I was raised by a single mother who made a way for me. She used to scrub floors as a domestic worker, put a cleaning rag in her pocketbook and ride the subways in Brooklyn so I would have food on the table. But she taught me as I walked her to the subway that life is about not where you start, but where you're going. That's family values.
Al Sharpton

My mom always said that there would be haters. Not everyone can love ya.
Joel Madden

Just as a mother finds pleasure in taking her little child on her lap, there to feed and caress him, in like manner our loving God shows His fondness for His beloved souls who have given themselves entirely to Him and have placed all their hope in His goodness.
Alphonsus Liguori

I owe much to mother. She had an expert's understanding, but also approached art emotionally.
David Rockefeller

Mothers are the necessity of invention.
Bill Watterson

I'm a Mommy's Girl - the strongest influence in my young life was my mom.
Susie Bright

I wish my mother had left me something about how she felt growing up. I wish my grandmother had done the same. I wanted my girls to know me.
Carol Burnett

I am truly my mother's son.
David Geffen

The Vatican is against surrogate mothers. Good thing they didn't have that rule when Jesus was born.
Elayne Boosler

The fastest way to break the cycle of perfectionism and become a fearless mother is to give up the idea of doing it perfectly - indeed to embrace uncertainty and imperfection.
Arianna Huffington

My mother taught me about the power of inspiration and courage, and she did it with a strength and a passion that I wish could be bottled.
Carly Fiorina

I am no mother, and I won't be one.
Brigitte Bardot

No comments: