28.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Medical (1)

A hospital bed is a parked taxi with the meter running.
Groucho Marx

I'm not feeling very well - I need a doctor immediately. Ring the nearest golf course.
Groucho Marx

Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.
Erma Bombeck

Doctors are just the same as lawyers; the only difference is that lawyers merely rob you, whereas doctors rob you and kill you too.
Anton Chekhov

A physician's physiology has much the same relation to his power of healing as a cleric's divinity has to his power of influencing conduct.
Samuel Butler

The doctor sees all the weakness of mankind; the lawyer all the wickedness, the theologian all the stupidity.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Whenever a doctor cannot do good, he must be kept from doing harm.
Hippocrates

They certainly give very strange names to diseases.
Plato

Modern medicine is a negation of health. It isn't organized to serve human health, but only itself, as an institution. It makes more people sick than it heals.
Ivan Illich

Doctors will have more lives to answer for in the next world than even we generals.
Napoleon Bonaparte

As a medical doctor, it is my duty to evaluate the situation with as much data as I can gather and as much expertise as I have and as much experience as I have to determine whether or not the wish of the patient is medically justified.
Jack Kevorkian

Medicine is my lawful wife and literature my mistress; when I get tired of one, I spend the night with the other.
Anton Chekhov

Medicine sometimes snatches away health, sometimes gives it.
Ovid

Time is generally the best doctor.
Ovid

Getting out of the hospital is a lot like resigning from a book club. You're not out of it until the computer says you're out of it.
Erma Bombeck

When I was born I was so ugly the doctor slapped my mother.
Rodney Dangerfield

The best doctor is the one you run to and can't find.
Denis Diderot

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Marcel Proust

Three-quarters of the sicknesses of intelligent people come from their intelligence. They need at least a doctor who can understand this sickness.
Marcel Proust

In the name of Hypocrites, doctors have invented the most exquisite form of torture ever known to man: survival.
Edward Everett Hale

Growing up, my dolls were doctors and on secret missions. I had Barbie Goes Rambo.
Zoe Saldana

I was going to have cosmetic surgery until I noticed that the doctor's office was full of portraits by Picasso.
Rita Rudner

All sorts of computer errors are now turning up. You'd be surprised to know the number of doctors who claim they are treating pregnant men.
Isaac Asimov

I'm strongly for a patient Bill of Rights. Decisions ought to be made by doctors, not accountants.
Charles Schumer

You may not be able to read a doctor's handwriting and prescription, but you'll notice his bills are neatly typewritten.
Earl Wilson

When I told my doctor I couldn't afford an operation, he offered to touch-up my X-rays.
Henny Youngman

People are so afraid of authority figures and doctors are authority figures.
Martha Beck

It is reasonable to expect the doctor to recognize that science may not have all the answers to problems of health and healing.
Norman Cousins

I'm 86 and my doctor used to tell me to slow down - at least he did until he dropped dead.
Cesar Romero

My doctor gave me six months to live, but when I couldn't pay the bill he gave me six months more.
Walter Matthau

I went to the doctor and he said I had acute appendicitis, and I said compared to who?
Jay London

Passion, you see, can be destroyed by a doctor. It cannot be created.
Peter Shaffer

I was always shocked when I went to the doctor's office and they did my X-ray and didn't find that I had eight more ribs than I should have or that my blood was the color green.
Nicolas Cage

You can die of the cure before you die of the illness.
Michael Landon

Honestly, being a doctor could make you more close minded than regular people.
Alex Chiu

A pregnant woman facing the most dire circumstances must be able to count on her doctor to do what is medically necessary to protect her from serious physical harm.
Barbara Mikulski

If you look at the human condition today, not everyone is well fed, has access to good medical care, or the physical basics that provide for a healthy and a happy life.
Ralph Merkle

America has the best doctors, the best nurses, the best hospitals, the best medical technology, the best medical breakthrough medicines in the world. There is absolutely no reason we should not have in this country the best health care in the world.
Bill Frist

The art of medicine was to be properly learned only from its practice and its exercise.
Thomas Sydenham

The doctors x-rayed my head and found nothing.
Dizzy Dean

No comments: