28.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Legal (1)

I busted a mirror and got seven years bad luck, but my lawyer thinks he can get me five.
Steven Wright

Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery.
Calvin Coolidge

Advertising is legalized lying.
H. G. Wells

Compromise is the best and cheapest lawyer.
Robert Louis Stevenson

The more laws, the less justice.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

Justice in the life and conduct of the State is possible only as first it resides in the hearts and souls of the citizens.
Plato

In law, nothing is certain but the expense.
Samuel Butler

Make crime pay. Become a lawyer.
Will Rogers

Lawsuit: A machine which you go into as a pig and come out of as a sausage.
Ambrose Bierce

A lean compromise is better than a fat lawsuit.
George Herbert

Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught.
Honore de Balzac

People are getting smarter nowadays; they are letting lawyers, instead of their conscience, be their guide.
Will Rogers

A successful lawsuit is the one worn by a policeman.
Robert Frost

Judges are the weakest link in our system of justice, and they are also the most protected.
Alan Dershowitz

Deceive not thy physician, confessor, nor lawyer.
George Herbert

Avoid lawsuits beyond all things; they pervert your conscience, impair your health, and dissipate your property.
Jean de la Bruyere

All ambitions are lawful except those which climb upward on the miseries or credulities of mankind.
Joseph Conrad

I have a different approach. I don't file lawsuits because I really don't care.
Nicole Kidman

Justice delayed is justice denied.
William E. Gladstone

Lawyers, I suppose, were children once.
Charles Lamb

He is no lawyer who cannot take two sides.
Charles Lamb

Misery is the company of lawsuits.
Francois Rabelais

The trouble with law is lawyers.
Clarence Darrow

Lawyers spend a great deal of their time shoveling smoke.
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

People do not win people fights. Lawyers do.
Norman Ralph Augustine

You can't learn everything you need to know legally.
John Irving

Obedience to lawful authority is the foundation of manly character.
Robert E. Lee

Lawyers are the only persons in whom ignorance of the law is not punished.
Jeremy Bentham

The events of the day inspired me to become a lawyer.
Christopher Darden

The law has no compassion. And justice is administered without compassion.
Christopher Darden

Ignorance of the law excuses no man from practicing it.
Addison Mizner

The only people who benefit from lawsuits are lawyers. I think we made a couple of them rich.
Gavin Rossdale

If somebody invented cigarettes today, the government would not legalize them.
Loni Anderson

I would say that IQ is the strongest predictor of which field you can get into and hold a job in, whether you can be an accountant, lawyer or nurse, for example.
Daniel Goleman

It is legal because I wish it.
Louis XIV

We are led by lawyers who do not understand either technology or balance sheets.
Thomas Friedman

I'm not sure I can say there is a clean line between me as an individual and me as a lawyer.
Anita Hill

One of the things I was taught in law school is that I'd never be able to think the same again - that being a lawyer is something that's part of who I am as an individual now.
Anita Hill

Cagey trial lawyers have figured out there's a pretty good likelihood their case - no matter what its merit - will literally get its day in court because of favorable judges.
Dennis Hastert

Lawyers are the first refuge of the incompetent.
Aaron Allston

No comments: