4.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Music (2)

Classical music is the kind we keep thinking will turn into a tune.
Kin Hubbard

Music is the best means we have of digesting time.
W. H. Auden

You can't stay the same. If you're a musician and a singer, you have to change, that's the way it works.
Van Morrison

Any good music must be an innovation.
Les Baxter

I asked my daughter when she was 16, What's the buzz on the street with the kids? She's going, to be honest, Dad, most of my friends aren't into Kiss. But they've all been told that it's the greatest show on Earth.
Ace Frehley

Everywhere in the world, music enhances a hall, with one exception: Carnegie Hall enhances the music.
Isaac Stern

Music should be your escape.
Missy Elliot

Music when healthy, is the teacher of perfect order, and when depraved, the teacher of perfect disorder.
John Ruskin

Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.
Thomas Fuller

No good opera plot can be sensible, for people do not sing when they are feeling sensible.
W. H. Auden

There's nothing like music to relieve the soul and uplift it.
Mickey Hart

He has Van Gogh's ear for music.
Billy Wilder

I wake up in the morning, I do a little stretching exercises, pick up the horn and play.
Herb Alpert

Writing about music is like dancing about architecture.
Laurie Anderson

Music happens to be an art form that transcends language.
Herbie Hancock

You can never get silence anywhere nowadays, have you noticed?
Bryan Ferry

Secretly, I wanted to look like Jimi Hendrix, but I could never quite pull it off.
Bryan Ferry

Music is the fourth great material want, first food, then clothes, then shelter, then music.
Christian Nestell Bovee

When words leave off, music begins.
Heinrich Heine

The wise musicians are those who play what they can master.
Duke Ellington

The real art of conducting consists in transitions.
Gustav Mahler

Music is love in search of a word.
Sidney Lanier

Music is very spiritual, it has the power to bring people together.
Edgar Winter

I was growing up listening to Queen. Freddie Mercury threw those incredible melodies into his songs.
Gary Cherone

Who hears music feels his solitude peopled at once.
Robert Browning

My music had roots which I'd dug up from my own childhood, musical roots buried in the darkest soil.
Ray Charles

Composers shouldn't think too much - it interferes with their plagiarism.
Howard Dietz

Sometimes before we make a record I go back and listen to a few. It's equally humbling and uplifting.
Michael Stipe

My father used to sing to me in my mother's womb. I think I can name about any tune in two beats.
Yancy Butler

Music is the soul of language.
Max Heindel

The advice I am giving always to all my students is above all to study the music profoundly... music is like the ocean, and the instruments are little or bigger islands, very beautiful for the flowers and trees.
Andres Segovia

It is essential to do everything possible to attract young people to opera so they can see that it is not some antiquated art form but a repository of the most glorious music and drama that man has created.
Bruce Beresford

The iPod completely changed the way people approach music.
Karl Lagerfeld

Music is a performance and needs the audience.
Michael Tippett

Music is intended and designed for sentient beings that have hopes and purposes and emotions.
Jacques Barzun

Music is always changing and the changes are unpredictable.
Billy Sheehan

Music's staying power is a function of how timeless the lyrics, song and production are.
Gary Wright

Music's not like becoming a doctor, who can walk into a community and find people who need him.
Charlie Byrd

There's a lot of music that sounds like it's literally computer-generated, totally divorced from a guy sitting down at an instrument.
Aimee Mann

My music, my songs are 100 percent inspired by girl power.
Paulina Rubio

No comments: