28.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Intelligence (1)

It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.
Albert Einstein

If we listened to our intellect, we'd never have a love affair. We'd never have a friendship. We'd never go into business, because we'd be cynical. Well, that's nonsense. You've got to jump off cliffs all the time and build your wings on the way down.
Ray Bradbury

Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking.
Albert Einstein

Common sense is not so common.
Voltaire

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
Albert Einstein

Action is the real measure of intelligence.
Napoleon Hill

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Henry Ford

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
F. Scott Fitzgerald

A woman has to be intelligent, have charm, a sense of humor, and be kind. It's the same qualities I require from a man.
Catherine Deneuve

I choose my friends for their good looks, my acquaintances for their good characters, and my enemies for their intellects. A man cannot be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
Oscar Wilde

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.
Ernest Hemingway

I'm not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I'm not dumb... and I also know that I'm not blonde.
Dolly Parton

Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.
Salvador Dali

Be as smart as you can, but remember that it is always better to be wise than to be smart.
Alan Alda

Character is higher than intellect. A great soul will be strong to live as well as think.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change.
Stephen Hawking

Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them.
Albert Einstein

A woman uses her intelligence to find reasons to support her intuition.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

All intelligent thoughts have already been thought; what is necessary is only to try to think them again.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be kindled.
Plutarch

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Confucius

Information is not knowledge.
Albert Einstein

Ignorance is the curse of God; knowledge is the wing wherewith we fly to heaven.
William Shakespeare

Be what you are. This is the first step toward becoming better than you are.
Julius Charles Hare

Intelligence is the wife, imagination is the mistress, memory is the servant.
Victor Hugo

An intellectual is someone whose mind watches itself.
Albert Camus

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.
Albert Einstein

To expect the unexpected shows a thoroughly modern intellect.
Oscar Wilde

Being an intellectual creates a lot of questions and no answers.
Janis Joplin

Genius ain't anything more than elegant common sense.
Josh Billings

I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up.
Mark Twain

Knowledge is love and light and vision.
Helen Keller

What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult.
Sigmund Freud

I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing.
Socrates

Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.
Gracie Allen

Belief is the death of intelligence.
Robert Anton Wilson

I not only use all the brains that I have, but all that I can borrow.
Woodrow Wilson

Wit is educated insolence.
Aristotle

We have now sunk to a depth at which restatement of the obvious is the first duty of intelligent men.
George Orwell

No comments: