1.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Computers (2)

Access to computers and the Internet has become a basic need for education in our society.
Kent Conrad

Reading computer manuals without the hardware is as frustrating as reading manuals without the software.
Arthur C. Clarke

If your computer speaks English, it was probably made in Japan.
Alan Perlis

In computing, turning the obvious into the useful is a living definition of the word "frustration".
Alan Perlis

The question of whether a computer can think is no more interesting than the question of whether a submarine can swim.
Edsger Dijkstra

Computing is not about computers any more. It is about living.
Nicholas Negroponte

I started on an Apple II, which I had bought at the very end of 1978 for half of my annual income. I made $4,500 a year, and I spent half of it on the computer.
Bill Budge

The power of the computer is starting to spread.
Bill Budge

When I write software, I know that it will fail, either due to my own mistake, or due to some other cause.
Wietse Venema

If you like overheads, you'll love PowerPoint.
Edward Tufte

Every piece of software written today is likely going to infringe on someone else's patent.
Miguel de Icaza

People think computers will keep them from making mistakes. They're wrong. With computers you make mistakes faster.
Adam Osborne

Steve Wozniak and Steve Jobs founded Apple Inc, which set the computing world on its ear with the Macintosh in 1984.
Kevin Mitnick

Gee, I am a complete Luddite when it comes to computers, I can barely log on!
Jonathan Shapiro

I got up with my wife, I sat down at the computer when she went to work, and I didn't stop until she got home.
George Stephen

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had spent more time alone with my computer'.
Danielle Berry

I happen to think that computers are the most important thing to happen to musicians since the invention of cat-gut which was a long time ago.
Robert Moog

Modern people are only willing to believe in their computers, while I believe in myself.
Alain Robert

If you could utilize the resources of the end users' computers, you could do things much more efficiently.
Niklas Zennstrom

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do.
Ted Nelson

The only legitimate use of a computer is to play games.
Eugene Jarvis

Even when I work with computers, with high technology, I always try to put in the touch of the hand.
Issey Miyake

I wouldn't know how to find eBay on the computer if my life depended on it.
Marc Jacobs

There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home.
Ken Olsen

Bill Gates is the pope of the personal computer industry. He decides who's going to build.
Larry Ellison

Yet in this global economy, no jobs are safe. High-speed Internet connections and low-cost, skilled labor overseas are an explosive combination.
Bob Taft

The future lies in designing and selling computers that people don't realize are computers at all.
Adam Osborne

I am regularly asked what the average Internet user can do to ensure his security. My first answer is usually 'Nothing; you're screwed'.
Bruce Scheneier

We're entering a new world in which data may be more important than software.
Tim O'Reilly

The Internet is a powerful way to make lots of money... But we are not going to buy Yahoo!
Sumner Redstone

I'm too old-fashioned to use a computer. I'm too old-fashioned to use a quill.
Christopher Plummer

Computers in classrooms are the filmstrips of the 1990s.
Clifford Stoll

Supercomputers will achieve one human brain capacity by 2010, and personal computers will do so by about 2020.
Ray Kurzweil

Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.
Jef Raskin

Right now, computers, which are supposed to be our servant, are oppressing us.
Jef Raskin

We can do things that we never could before. Stop-motion lets you build tiny little worlds, and computers make that world even more believable.
Nick Park

What do we want our kids to do? Sweep up around Japanese computers?
Walter F. Mondale

I got interested in computers and how they could be enslaved to the megalomaniac impulses of a teenager.
Eugene Jarvis

I do two things. I design mobile computers and I study brains.
Jeff Hawkins

It's been my policy to view the Internet not as an 'information highway,' but as an electronic asylum filled with babbling loonies.
Mike Royko

No comments: