30.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Parenting (1)

To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
Buddha

Children are educated by what the grown-up is and not by his talk.
Carl Jung

A baby is born with a need to be loved - and never outgrows it.
Frank Howard Clark

A mother who is really a mother is never free.
Honore de Balzac

We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.
Henry Ward Beecher

Even as kids reach adolescence, they need more than ever for us to watch over them. Adolescence is not about letting go. It's about hanging on during a very bumpy ride.
Ron Taffel

How pleasant it is for a father to sit at his child's board. It is like an aged man reclining under the shadow of an oak which he has planted.
Voltaire

Let parents bequeath to their children not riches, but the spirit of reverence.
Plato

Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
Charles R. Swindoll

Mothers all want their sons to grow up to be president, but they don't want them to become politicians in the process.
John F. Kennedy

Every cliche about kids is true; they grow up so quickly, you blink and they're gone, and you have to spend the time with them now. But that's a joy.
Liam Neeson

Don't try to make children grow up to be like you, or they may do it.
Russell Baker

Most children threaten at times to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going.
Phyllis Diller

Mothers - especially single mothers - are heroic in their efforts to raise our nation's children, but men must also take responsibility for their children and recognize the impact they have on their families' well-being.
Evan Bayh

Few things are more satisfying than seeing your children have teenagers of their own.
Doug Larson

Parentage is a very important profession, but no test of fitness for it is ever imposed in the interest of the children.
George Bernard Shaw

Most American children suffer too much mother and too little father.
Gloria Steinem

To me luxury is to be at home with my daughter, and the occasional massage doesn't hurt.
Olivia Newton-John

There's really no point in having children if you're not going to be home enough to father them.
Anthony Edwards

The interesting thing about being a mother is that everyone wants pets, but no one but me cleans the kitty litter.
Meryl Streep

Telling a teenager the facts of life is like giving a fish a bath.
Arnold H. Glasow

Girls are the future mothers of our society, and it is important that we focus on their well-being.
Miriam Makeba

We are apt to forget that children watch examples better than they listen to preaching.
Roy L. Smith

Childhood obesity is best tackled at home through improved parental involvement, increased physical exercise, better diet and restraint from eating.
Bob Filner

Never lend your car to anyone to whom you have given birth.
Erma Bombeck

Having a baby changes the way you view your in-laws. I love it when they come to visit now. They can hold the baby and I can go out.
Matthew Broderick

I had no idea that mothering my own child would be so healing to my own sadness from my childhood.
Susie Bright

Children that are raised in a home with a married mother and father consistently do better in every measure of well-being than their peers who come from divorced or step-parent, single-parent, cohabiting homes.
Todd Tiahrt

I want to have children, but my friends scare me. One of my friends told me she was in labor for 36 hours. I don't even want to do anything that feels good for 36 hours.
Rita Rudner

The well-being and welfare of children should always be our focus.
Todd Tiahrt

No fathers or mothers think their own children ugly.
Miguel de Cervantes

What good mothers and fathers instinctively feel like doing for their babies is usually best after all.
Benjamin Spock

I take my children everywhere, but they always find their way back home.
Robert Orben

My mother protected me from the world and my father threatened me with it.
Quentin Crisp

It's hard enough to work and raise a family when your kids are all healthy and relatively normal, but when you add on some kind of disability or disease, it can just be such a burden.
Patricia Heaton

I figure that if the children are alive when I get home, I've done my job.
Roseanne Barr

The child supplies the power but the parents have to do the steering.
Benjamin Spock

Parents should not smoke in order to discourage their kids from smoking. A child is more likely to smoke when they have been raised in the environment of a smoker.
Christy Turlington

Having children is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain.
Martin Mull

Studies show that children best flourish when one mom and one dad are there to raise them.
John Boehner

No comments: