1.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Dreams (2)

I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man.
Zhuangzi

Dreaming men are haunted men.
Stephen Vincent Benet

Dreaming of a tomorrow, which tomorrow, will be as distant then as 'tis today.
Lope de Vega

I am accustomed to sleep and in my dreams to imagine the same things that lunatics imagine when awake.
Rene Descartes

Ideologies separate us. Dreams and anguish bring us together.
Eugene Ionesco

We all dream; we do not understand our dreams, yet we act as if nothing strange goes on in our sleep minds, strange at least by comparison with the logical, purposeful doings of our minds when we are awake.
Erich Fromm

Dreams will get you nowhere, a good kick in the pants will take you a long way.
Baltasar Gracian

Each man should frame life so that at some future hour fact and his dreaming meet.
Victor Hugo

I close my eyes, then I drift away, into the magic night I softly say. A silent prayer, like dreamers do, then I fall asleep to dream my dreams of you.
Roy Orbison

Great dreams of great dreamers are always transcended.
Abdul Kalam

No one should negotiate their dreams. Dreams must be free to fly high. No government, no legislature, has a right to limit your dreams. You should never agree to surrender your dreams.
Jesse Jackson

The most pitiful among men is he who turns his dreams into silver and gold.
Khalil Gibran

The world needs dreamers and the world needs doers. But above all, the world needs dreamers who do.
Sarah Ban Breathnach

I stand for freedom of expression, doing what you believe in, and going after your dreams.
Madonna Ciccone

Myths are public dreams, dreams are private myths.
Joseph Campbell

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else.
Erma Bombeck

Youth is a wonderful thing. What a crime to waste it on children.
George Bernard Shaw

The dreamer can know no truth, not even about his dream, except by awaking out of it.
George Santayana

I don't use drugs, my dreams are frightening enough.
M. C. Escher

I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night.
Bill Watterson

So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
Christopher Reeve

I tell people I'm too stupid to know what's impossible. I have ridiculously large dreams, and half the time they come true.
Debi Thomas

God's gifts put man's best dreams to shame.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning

I've always said that one night, I'm going to find myself in some field somewhere, I'm standing on grass, and it's raining, and I'm with the person I love, and I know I'm at the very point I've been dreaming of getting to.
Drew Barrymore

Only in our dreams are we free. The rest of the time we need wages.
Terry Pratchett

When you cease to dream you cease to live.
Malcolm Forbes

Perhaps life is just that... a dream and a fear.
Joseph Conrad

I am a dreamer. Seriously, I'm living on another planet.
Eva Green

The world of men is dreaming, it has gone mad in its sleep, and a snake is strangling it, but it can't wake up.
David Herbert Lawrence

Those who have compared our life to a dream were right... we were sleeping wake, and waking sleep.
Michel de Montaigne

Like all dreamers, I mistook disenchantment for truth.
Jean-Paul Sartre

This is the city of dreamers and time and again it's the place where the greatest dream of all, the American dream, has been tested and has triumphed.
Michael Bloomberg

Man is a genius when he is dreaming.
Akira Kurosawa

Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.
Gloria Steinem

Whatever you do, never stop dreaming.
Darren L. Johnson

Dream manfully and nobly, and thy dreams shall be prophets.
Edward G. Bulwer-Lytton

I was always a dreamer, in childhood especially. People thought I was a little strange.
Charley Pride

Sometimes, the only realists are the dreamers.
Paul Wellstone

My dreams were all my own; I accounted for them to nobody; they were my refuge when annoyed - my dearest pleasure when free.
Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley

Everybody's a dreamer.
John Lithgow

No comments: