5.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Parenting (2)

If you're asking your kids to exercise, then you better do it, too. Practice what you preach.
Bruce Jenner

The family teaches us about the importance of knowledge, education, hard work and effort. It teaches us about enjoying ourselves, having fun, keeping fit and healthy.
Kamisese Mara

I've said it before, but it's absolutely true: My mother gave me my drive, but my father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.
Liza Minelli

The Internet is just bringing all kinds of information into the home. There's just a lot of distraction, a lot of competition for the parent's voice to resonate in the children's ears.
Phil McGraw

Education, like neurosis, begins at home.
Milton Sapirstein

It's a huge change for your body. You don't even want to look in the mirror after you've had a baby, because your stomach is just hanging there like a Shar-Pei.
Cindy Crawford

I feel very blessed to have two wonderful, healthy children who keep me completely grounded, sane and throw up on my shoes just before I go to an awards show just so I know to keep it real.
Reese Witherspoon

Fathers and mothers have lost the idea that the highest aspiration they might have for their children is for them to be wise... specialized competence and success are all that they can imagine.
Allan Bloom

You have to support your children to have a healthy relationship.
Connie Sellecca

Home life's great, man. The kids are great, happy and healthy. I've reached this sort of wonderful precipice.
Ryan Phillippe

I regret not having had more time with my kids when they were growing up.
Tina Turner

Believe me, my children have more stamina than a power station.
Robbie Coltrane

I don't think children's inner feelings have changed. They still want a mother and father in the very same house; they want places to play.
Beverly Cleary

Family life was wonderful. The streets were bleak. The playgrounds were bleak. But home was always warm. My mother and father had a great relationship. I always felt 'safe' there.
Robert Cormier

There are 80 million moms in the United States. Forty million stay at home with their children.
Andrew Shue

Mom and Dad would stay in bed on Sunday morning, but the kids would have to go to church.
Lynn Johnston

I get whatever placidity I have from my father. But my mother taught me how to take it on the chin.
Norma Shearer

Love is staying up all night with a sick child - or a healthy adult.
David Frost

Success for me its to raise happy, healthy human beings.
Kelly LeBrock

We all have an interest in making sure teens grow up healthy and drug-free.
John Walters

My mom's a Catholic, and my dad's a Jew, and they didn't want anything to do with anything.
Isabelle Huppert

Do you want to be an artist and a writer, or a wife and a lover? With kids, your focus changes. I don't want to go to PTA meetings.
Stevie Nicks

It is a sad commentary of our times when our young must seek advice and counsel from "Dear Abby" instead of going to Mom and Dad.
Abigail Van Buren

I think I'm going to have to live vicariously through my daughter's rebellion because I certainly never did go through adolescence.
Brooke Shields

It's a great mistake, I think, to put children off with falsehoods and nonsense, when their growing powers of observation and discrimination excite in them a desire to know about things.
Anne Sullivan

My father wasn't really involved and my mom is the light in my life.
Marion Jones

I'd just as soon stay home and raise babies.
June Allyson

Family involvement is a valuable thing and playing together actively can be the '90s version of it. Instead of just watching, you can do it together... something we don't spend enough time on. We can motivate and excite each other about fitness.
Alan Thicke

I wasn't very good about juggling family and my career. I was interested in who was coming to the children's birthday party, what my son was writing. I was thinking about Legos.
Jill Clayburgh

My mother was the influence in my life. She was strong; she had great faith in the ultimate triumph of justice and hard work. She believed passionately in education.
John H. Johnson

Parenthood and family come first for me, and when I'm not working I'm cool with the Teletubbies.
Clive Owen

There are some great questions to ask your doctor. If he says 'no,' then you find yourself a different doctor. There really has to be a change in how we medically look at women at this time. I mean, this is not just baby gloom.
Marie Osmond

That's my ideal day, time with my boys.
Kenny G

No one knows his true character until he has run out of gas, purchased something on the installment plan and raised an adolescent.
Marcelene Cox

What feeling is so nice as a child's hand in yours? So small, so soft and warm, like a kitten huddling in the shelter of your clasp.
Marjorie Holmes

We criticize mothers for closeness. We criticize fathers for distance. How many of us have expected less from our fathers and appreciated what they gave us more? How many of us always let them off the hook?
Ellen Goodman

Mama and Daddy King represent the best in manhood and womanhood, the best in a marriage, the kind of people we are trying to become.
Coretta Scott King

My father was a farmer and my mother was a farmer, but, my childhood was very good. I am very grateful for my childhood, because it was full of gladness and good humanity.
Roberto Benigni

We expect teachers to handle teenage pregnancy, substance abuse, and the failings of the family. Then we expect them to educate our children.
John Sculley

No comments: