5.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Sports (3)

If you got the game, you got the game. That's why Tiger Woods is out there playing golf with Greg Norman.
Shaquille O'Neal

Bulls do not win bull fights. People do.
Norman Ralph Augustine

You don't play against opponents, you play against the game of basketball.
Bobby Knight

If I weren't earning $3 million a year to dunk a basketball, most people on the street would run in the other direction if they saw me coming.
Charles Barkley

You can make a lot of money in this game. Just ask my ex-wives. Both of them are so rich that neither of their husbands work.
Lee Trevino

Gray skies are just clouds passing over.
Frank Gifford

Sometimes in football you have to score goals.
Thierry Henry

Golf is a day spent in a round of strenuous idleness.
William Wordsworth

If you drink don't drive. Don't even putt.
Dean Martin

If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing you grandmother with her teeth out.
George Brett

My family knew, but most of the sporting world did not realize that my right hand been some 75% paralyzed.
Bill Toomey

Baseball life is a tough life on the family.
Nolan Ryan

The only way to prove that you're a good sport is to lose.
Ernie Banks

The difference between the old ballplayer and the new ballplayer is the jersey. The old ballplayer cared about the name on the front. The new ballplayer cares about the name on the back.
Steve Garvey

Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.
Barry Switzer

I had pro offers from the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers, who were pretty hard up for linemen in those days. If I had gone into professional football the name Jerry Ford might have been a household word today.
Gerald R. Ford

I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it.
Rogers Hornsby

There isn't a flaw in his golf or his makeup. He will win more majors than Arnold Palmer and me combined. Somebody is going to dust my records. It might as well be Tiger, because he's such a great kid.
Jack Nicklaus

He has the finest, fundamentally sound golf swing I've ever seen.
Jack Nicklaus

He's going to be around a long, long time, if his body holds up. That's always a concern with a lot of players because of how much they play. A lot of guys can't handle it. But it looks like he can.
Jack Nicklaus

Nobody roots for Goliath.
Wilt Chamberlain

Baseball is drama with an endless run and an ever-changing cast.
Joe Garagiola

The integrity of the game is everything.
Peter Ueberroth

I started playing ball when I was a kid. My dad was a pro ball player and he passed on his knowledge to me.
Kurt Russell

I play in the low 80s. If it's any hotter than that, I won't play.
Joe E. Lewis

If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death.
Sam Snead

Reverse every natural instinct and do the opposite of what you are inclined to do, and you will probably come very close to having a perfect golf swing.
Ben Hogan

The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass.
Martin Mull

Nobody's a natural. You work hard to get good and then work to get better. It's hard to stay on top.
Paul Coffey

Golf is a game in which you yell "fore," shoot six, and write down five.
Paul Harvey

What's a good tournament for him? Winning it. He's good enough.
Greg Norman

When I was 40, my doctor advised me that a man in his 40s shouldn't play tennis. I heeded his advice carefully and could hardly wait until I reached 50 to start again.
Hugo Black

I'll let the racket do the talking.
John McEnroe

Trying to sneak a fastball past Hank Aaron is like trying to sneak the sunrise past a rooster.
Joe Adcock

You always get a special kick on opening day, no matter how many you go through. You look forward to it like a birthday party when you're a kid. You think something wonderful is going to happen.
Joe DiMaggio

Eighteen holes of match play will teach you more about your foe than 18 years of dealing with him across a desk.
Grantland Rice

I don't know why people question the academic training of an athlete. Fifty percent of the doctors in this country graduated in the bottom half of their classes.
Al McGuire

The triple is the most exciting play in baseball. Home runs win a lot of games, but I never understood why fans are so obsessed with them.
Hank Aaron

Hitting is timing. Pitching is upsetting timing.
Warren Spahn

It is almost impossible to remember how tragic a place the world is when one is playing golf.
Robert Wilson Lynd

No comments: