28.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Death (1)


A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.
Martin Luther King, Jr.

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.
Buddha

Death is no more than passing from one room into another. But there's a difference for me, you know. Because in that other room I shall be able to see.
Helen Keller

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pike

I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure.
Clarence Darrow

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
Mark Twain

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
Mark Twain

Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them.
George Eliot

The fear of death is the most unjustified of all fears, for there's no risk of accident for someone who's dead.
Albert Einstein

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.
J. Robert Oppenheimer

Life is hard. Then you die. Then they throw dirt in your face. Then the worms eat you. Be grateful it happens in that order.
David Gerrold

No one can confidently say that he will still be living tomorrow.
Euripides

A friend who dies, it's something of you who dies.
Gustave Flaubert

While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die.
Leonardo da Vinci

Death most resembles a prophet who is without honor in his own land or a poet who is a stranger among his people.
Khalil Gibran

Suicide is man's way of telling God, "You can't fire me - I quit."
Bill Maher

I decided to devote my life to telling the story because I felt that having survived I owe something to the dead. and anyone who does not remember betrays them again.
Elie Wiesel

The day which we fear as our last is but the birthday of eternity.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist.
Stewart Alsop

From my rotting body, flowers shall grow and I am in them and that is eternity.
Edvard Munch

Death is a very dull, dreary affair, and my advice to you is to have nothing whatsoever to do with it.
W. Somerset Maugham

They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person.
Arthur Schopenhauer

Die, v.: To stop sinning suddenly.
Elbert Hubbard

The life of the dead is placed in the memory of the living.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

For death is no more than a turning of us over from time to eternity.
William Penn

Do not fear death so much but rather the inadequate life.
Bertolt Brecht

Because of indifference, one dies before one actually dies.
Elie Wiesel

Healthy children will not fear life if their elders have integrity enough not to fear death.
Erik H. Erikson

All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing.
Maurice Maeterlinck

Everything that gets born dies.
Morrie Schwartz

Some men are alive simply because it is against the law to kill them.
Edward W. Howe

Call no man happy till he is dead.
Aeschylus

Birth and death; we all move between these two unknowns.
Bryant H. McGill

Dying is easy, it's living that scares me to death.
Annie Lennox

Death will be a great relief. No more interviews.
Katharine Hepburn

To himself everyone is immortal; he may know that he is going to die, but he can never know that he is dead.
Samuel Butler

I shall not die of a cold. I shall die of having lived.
Willa Cather

Life is better than death, I believe, if only because it is less boring, and because it has fresh peaches in it.
Alice Walker

I saw few die of hunger; of eating, a hundred thousand.
Benjamin Franklin

Cursed is the man who dies, but the evil done by him survives.
Abu Bakr

No comments: