30.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Saint Patrick's Day (1)

Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy.
William Butler Yeats

We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English.
Winston Churchill

Love is never defeated, and I could add, the history of Ireland proves it.
Pope John Paul II

If it was raining soup, the Irish would go out with forks.
Brendan Behan

Geographically, Ireland is a medium-sized rural island that is slowly but steadily being consumed by sheep.
Dave Barry

Some mornings you wake up and think, gee I look handsome today. Other days I think, what am I doing in the movies? I wanna go back to Ireland and drive a forklift.
Liam Neeson

That's what the holidays are for - for one person to tell the stories and another to dispute them. Isn't that the Irish way?
Lara Flynn Boyle

Being Irish is very much a part of who I am. I take it everywhere with me.
Colin Farrell

Every St. Patrick's Day every Irishman goes out to find another Irishman to make a speech to.
Shane Leslie

A lot of Irish people perform. They perform in drawing rooms. They sing songs and they play piano.
Fiona Shaw

Ireland sober is Ireland stiff.
James Joyce

There is no language like the Irish for soothing and quieting.
John Millington Synge

No comments: