3.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Imagination (2)

I believe in the imagination. What I cannot see is infinitely more important than what I can see.
Duane Michals

You have to imagine it possible before you can see something. You can have the evidence right in front of you, but if you can't imagine something that has never existed before, it's impossible.
Rita Dove

Imagination and fiction make up more than three quarters of our real life.
Simone Weil

Imagination grows by exercise, and contrary to common belief, is more powerful in the mature than in the young.
W. Somerset Maugham

Imagination is the voice of daring. If there is anything Godlike about God it is that. He dared to imagine everything.
Henry Miller

Some stories are true that never happened.
Elie Wiesel

I am better able to imagine hell than heaven; it is my inheritance, I suppose.
Elinor Wylie

Solitude is as needful to the imagination as society is wholesome for the character.
James Russell Lowell

We imagine that we want to escape our selfish and commonplace existence, but we cling desperately to our chains.
Anne Sullivan Macy

I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant.
Ursula K. Le Guin

Personally, I would sooner have written Alice in Wonderland than the whole Encyclopedia Britannica.
Stephen Leacock

The imagination is man's power over nature.
Wallace Stevens

I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally.
Calvin Trillin

Live out of your imagination, not your history.
Stephen Covey

You need imagination in order to imagine a future that doesn't exist.
Azar Nafisi

What we imagine is order is merely the prevailing form of chaos.
Kerry Thornley

Imagination has brought mankind through the dark ages to its present state of civilization. Imagination led Columbus to discover America. Imagination led Franklin to discover electricity.
L. Frank Baum

It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block.
Paul Gauguin

The most imaginative people are the most credulous, for them everything is possible.
Alexander Chase

There are no shortcuts in life - only those we imagine.
Frank Leahy

No comments: