5.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Politics (5)

Confronted with the choice, the American people would choose the policeman's truncheon over the anarchist's bomb.
Spiro T. Agnew

If you are going to sin, sin against God, not the bureaucracy. God will forgive you but the bureaucracy won't.
Hyman Rickover

If you don't like the President, it costs you 90 bucks to fly to Washington to picket. If you don't like the Governor, it costs you 60 bucks to fly to Albany to picket. If you don't like me, 90 cents.
Edward Koch

I know many writers who first dictate passages, then polish what they have dictated. I speak, then I polish - occasionally I do windows.
Edward Koch

Frankly, I don't mind not being President. I just mind that someone else is.
Edward Kennedy

It is our experience that political leaders do not always mean the opposite of what they say.
Abba Eban

Our party is a diverse one, as is my home state of Illinois.
Dick Durbin

If a politician murders his mother, the first response of the press or of his opponents will likely be not that it was a terrible thing to do, but rather that in a statement made six years before he had gone on record as being opposed to matricide.
Meg Greenfield

You better take advantage of the good cigars. You don't get much else in that job.
Thomas P. O'Neill

I always voted at my party's call, and I never thought of thinking for myself at all.
William Gilbert

The United States brags about its political system, but the President says one thing during the election, something else when he takes office, something else at midterm and something else when he leaves.
Deng Xiaoping

After much prayerful consideration, I feel that I must say I have climbed my last political mountain.
George C. Wallace

Television is democracy at its ugliest.
Paddy Chayefsky

You know they say the most dangerous person of the world is a member of the United States Congress just home from a three-day fact-finding trip.
Johnny Isakson

It has been well said that a hungry man is more interested in four sandwiches than four freedoms.
Henry Cabot Lodge, Jr.

So long as we have enough people in this country willing to fight for their rights, we'll be called a democracy.
Roger Nash Baldwin

Voting is a civic sacrament.
Theodore Hesburgh

I think there is one higher office than president and I would call that patriot.
Gary Hart

We have, I fear, confused power with greatness.
Stewart Udall

We live in a world in which politics has replaced philosophy.
Martin L. Gross

No comments: