3.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Graduation (2)

Having a college degree gave me the opportunity to be... well-rounded. Also, the people I met at the university, most of them are still my colleagues now. People I've known for years are all in the industry together.
Jon Secada

College atheletes used to get a degree in bringing your pencil.
Ruby Wax

I took three years off. I differentiated myself from the industry. Found my identity - sort of... I haven't graduated yet. I'm not legitimately educated yet, but maybe one day.
Claire Danes

Yeah, I spent about 20 years in a dorm room. It took me a while to graduate.
Douglas Wilson

When nearly a third of our high school students do not graduate on time with their peers, we have work to do. We must design our middle and high schools so that no student gets lost in the crowd and disconnected from his or her own potential.
Christine Gregoire

I have actually five honorary degrees.
Katherine Dunham

Everybody wants you to do good things, but in a small town you pretty much graduate and get married. Mostly you marry, have children and go to their football games.
Faith Hill

I don't look to find an educated person in the ranks of university graduates, necessarily. Some of the most educated people I know have never been near a university.
John Keegan

Our record number of teenagers must become our record number of high school and college graduates and our record number of teachers, scientists, doctors, lawyers, and skilled professionals.
Ruben Hinojosa

When I graduated from Santa Monica High in 1927, I was voted the girl most likely to succeed. I didn't realize it would take so long.
Gloria Stuart

ACT and SAT each have their own parts of the country. The GRE has its lock on graduate admissions. And so, one could blame the companies, but really, economically, they have no incentive to change things very much because they're getting the business.
Robert Sternberg

Even though I didn't get a business degree, I enjoyed learning about economics.
Herb Ritts

I first became interested in women and religion when I was one of the few women doing graduate work in Religious Studies at Yale University in the late 1960's.
Carol P. Christ

I have no problems with private schools. I graduated from one and so did my mother. Private schools are useful and we often use public funds to pay for their infrastructures and other common needs.
Jim Clyburn

Some go on to trade schools or get further training for jobs they are interested in. Some go into the arts, some are craftsmen, some take a little time out to travel, and some start their own businesses. But our graduates find and work at what they want to do.
Daniel Greenberg

If a student takes the whole series of my folklore courses including the graduate seminars, he or she should learn something about fieldwork, something about bibliography, something about how to carry out library research, and something about how to publish that research.
Alan Dundes

I was about to get a degree in economics when I accepted that I'd be a lousy businessman, and if I didn't give acting a try I'd regret it for the rest of my life.
Peter Gallagher

In my second year in graduate school, I took a computer course and that was like lightening striking.
Ted Nelson

So in my uncertainty, I went to graduate school and there it all happened.
Ted Nelson

I went to military college in Canada and graduated as an officer in the Navy but also as an engineer.
Marc Garneau

North Dakota State. What do you have to do there to graduate? Milk a cow with your left hand?
Bobby Heenan

Each year India and China produce four million graduates compared with just over 250,000 in Britain.
Gordon Brown

I did graduate with a bachelor's degree in civil engineering in 1948.
Daniel J. Evans

I think I finally chose the graduate degree in engineering primarily because it only took one year and law school took three years, and I felt the pressure of being a little behind - although I was just 22.
Daniel J. Evans

The college graduate is presented with a sheepskin to cover his intellectual nakedness.
Robert M. Hutchins

I was going to be an architect. I graduated with a degree in architecture and I had a scholarship to go back to Princeton and get my Masters in architecture. I'd done theatricals in college, but I'd done them because it was fun.
James Stewart

I received my undergraduate degree in engineering in 1939 and a Master of Science degree in mathematical physics in 1941 at Steven Institute of Technology.
Frederick Reines

I dropped out of school for a semester, transferred to another college, switched to an art major, graduated, got married, and for a while worked as a graphic designer.
James Green Somerville

The essays in The Great Taos Bank Robbery were my project to win a Master of Arts degree in English when I quit being a newspaper editor and went back to college.
Tony Hillerman

Really, the potential for, first of all, any college graduate today is enormously good. These are good times for anyone with a college degree today, particularly African Americans. With a college degree today, you really breach the unemployment rate.
Alexis Herman

My father was on the faculty in the Chemistry Department of Harvard University; my mother had one year of graduate work in physics before her marriage.
Kenneth G. Wilson

My graduate studies were carried out at the California Institute of Technology.
Kenneth G. Wilson

One half who graduate from college never read another book.
G. M. Trevelyan

I wrote a novel for my degree, and I'm very happy I didn't submit that to a publisher. I sympathize with my professors who had to read it.
David Eddings

When I was a graduate student, the leading spirits at Harvard were interested in the history of ideas.
M. H. Abrams

In the summer we graduated we flipped out completely, drinking beer, cruising in our cars and beating up each other. It was a crazy summer. That's when I started to be interested in girls.
Ed O'Neill

Yale places great stress on undergraduate and graduate teaching. I like teaching, and I do a lot of it.
James Tobin

You must realize that honorary degrees are given generally to people whose SAT scores were too low to get them into schools the regular way. As a matter of fact, it was my SAT scores that led me into my present vocation in life, comedy.
Neil Simon

I was really desperate. I don't know if you can remember back that far, but when I went to graduate school they didn't want females in graduate school. They were very open about it. They didn't mince their words. But then I got in and I got my degree.
Shannon Lucid

Remember, half the doctors in this country graduated in the bottom half of their class.
Al McGuire

No comments: