4.10.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Marriage (4)

Many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl.
Stephen Leacock

Married couples who work together to build and maintain a business assume broad responsibilities. Not only is their work important to our local and national economies, but their success is central to the well-being of their families.
Melissa Bean

Marriage, like money, is still with us; and, like money, progressively devalued.
Robert Graves

When a marriage works, nothing on earth can take its place.
Helen Gahagan

Marriage is an institution fits in perfect harmony with the laws of nature; whereas systems of slavery and segregation were designed to brutally oppress people and thereby violated the laws of nature.
Jack Kingston

The comfortable estate of widowhood is the only hope that keeps up a wife's spirits.
John Gay

Married people from my generation are like an endangered species!
Patrice Leconte

The secret of a successful marriage is not to be at home too much.
Colin Chapman

Instead of getting married again, I'm going to find a woman I don't like and give her a house.
Lewis Grizzard

The critical period of matrimony is breakfast-time.
A. P. Herbert

When you have a baby, love is automatic, when you get married, love is earned.
Marie Osmond

I wanted to marry a girl just like my mom.
Michael Bergin

I married beneath me, all women do.
Nancy Astor

Caesar might have married Cleopatra, but he had a wife at home. There's always something.
Will Cuppy

Marriage - a book of which the first chapter is written in poetry and the remaining chapters in prose.
Beverley Nichols

Marriage is a financial contract; I have enough contracts already.
Linda Fiorentino

One was never married, and that's his hell; another is, and that's his plague.
Robert Burton

If it were not for the presents, an elopement would be preferable.
George Ade

Why in almost all societies have married women specialized in bearing and rearing children and in certain agricultural activities, whereas married men have done most of the fighting and market work?
Gary Becker

There's nothing like a good cheating song to make me want to run home to be with my wife.
Steven Curtis Chapman

The only good husbands stay bachelors: They're too considerate to get married.
Finley Peter Dunne

Marriage is an exercise in torture.
Frances Conroy

I've had an exciting time; I married for love and got a little money along with it.
Rose Kennedy

Marriage, for a woman at least, hampers the two things that made life to me glorious - friendship and learning.
Jane Harrison

Quarrels often arise in marriages when the bridal gifts are excessive.
Antisthenes

I've had two proposals since I've been a widow. I am a wonderful catch, you know. I have a lot of money.
Ruth Rendell

Marriage is a mistake every man should make.
George Jessel

The human brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public.
George Jessel

There is a time for all things - except marriage, my dear.
Thomas Chatterton

No comments: