28.9.12

Kutipan (Quote) - Home (1)


Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you in.
Robert Frost

A house is not a home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.
Benjamin Franklin

Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home.
Bill Cosby

God is at home, it's we who have gone out for a walk.
Meister Eckhart

Where we love is home - home that our feet may leave, but not our hearts.
Oliver Wendell Holmes

Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country.
Margaret Thatcher

Be grateful for the home you have, knowing that at this moment, all you have is all you need.
Sarah Ban Breathnach

There is nothing like staying at home for real comfort.
Jane Austen

If I were asked to name the chief benefit of the house, I should say: the house shelters day-dreaming, the house protects the dreamer, the house allows one to dream in peace.
Gaston Bachelard

Home life is no more natural to us than a cage is natural to a cockatoo.
George Bernard Shaw

Charity begins at home, but should not end there.
Thomas Fuller

I kiss the soil as if I placed a kiss on the hands of a mother, for the homeland is our earthly mother. I consider it my duty to be with my compatriots in this sublime and difficult moment.
Pope John Paul II

Kindness goes a long ways lots of times when it ought to stay at home.
Kin Hubbard

When you finally go back to your old home, you find it wasn't the old home you missed but your childhood.
Sam Ewing

Decorate your home. It gives the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is.
Charles M. Schulz

Home is where the heart is.
Pliny the Elder

In our home there was always prayer - aloud, proud and unapologetic.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Any old place I can hang my hat is home sweet home to me.
William Jerome

Home is any four walls that enclose the right person.
Helen Rowland

I do not recall a Jewish home without a book on the table.
Elie Wiesel

The fellow that owns his own home is always just coming out of a hardware store.
Kin Hubbard

I'm the type who'd be happy not going anywhere as long as I was sure I knew exactly what was happening at the places I wasn't going to. I'm the type who'd like to sit home and watch every party that I'm invited to on a monitor in my bedroom.
Andy Warhol

People who have good relationships at home are more effective in the marketplace.
Zig Ziglar

Where thou art, that is home.
Emily Dickinson

I say, If everybody in this house lives where it's God first, friends and family second and you third, we won't ever have an argument.
Jeff Foxworthy

Charity should begin at home, but should not stay there.
Phillips Brooks

If your house is burning, wouldn't you try and put out the fire?
Imran Khan

The worst feeling in the world is the homesickness that comes over a man occasionally when he is at home.
E. W. Howe

Housework is what a woman does that nobody notices unless she hasn't done it.
Evan Esar

Home is the place we love best and grumble the most.
Billy Sunday

You never know what events are going to transpire to get you home.
Og Mandino

Never make your home in a place. Make a home for yourself inside your own head. You'll find what you need to furnish it - memory, friends you can trust, love of learning, and other such things. That way it will go with you wherever you journey.
Tad Williams

Home wasn't built in a day.
Jane Sherwood Ace

I grew up in a household where everybody lived at the top of his lungs.
Frank Langella

The home is the chief school of human virtues.
William Ellery Channing

A man's home is his wife's castle.
Alexander Chase

There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.
Smedley Butler

We know that when people are safe in their homes, they are free to pursue their dream for a brighter economic future for themselves and their families.
George Pataki

Since I travel so much, it's always great to be home. There's nothing like getting to raid my own refrigerator at two in the morning.
Amy Grant

Home, nowadays, is a place where part of the family waits till the rest of the family brings the car back.
Earl Wilson

No comments: